Thursday, June 5, 2008

French Waterworks @ Boat Quay

from Left to right: Hema, Melissa, Fendi, Roberto, Wing, Micheal and Leon

On 23rd May, after work, I decided to go to the Singapore Arts Festival to watch the waterworks at Boat Quay. I tried pinging all my usual pals, and finally succeeded in asking my pal, Hema, to join us. I don't seem to have any luck in asking others, despite asking lots of people.

To my pleasant surprise, at about 6pm, when we were leaving, Hema managed to pull in several others to join us. We decided to go by bus since it is faster and only a few bus stop away from our office. When we reached there, we were put off by the tons of hawkers trying to tout and bring us into their restaurants with insanely expensive prices. Thankfully there is a McDonald nearby. To our dismay, the queue there is super long...

We immediately switched to plan B and go to Hungry Jack (or Burger King) across the road instead. The pics above were taken while we were having dinner there.

While the show was ok - (it did not help that there was an insane crowd there and the only thing most of us can see is some one else's head), the fireworks is truely spectacular! To our surprise, we found a few other colleagues there, including Ellen, and Yenny.

After the show ended, we decided to go for drinks at the pubs nearby. Cassandra, another colleague, joined us for drinks. We first visited a pub named ICE FACTORY. It is freezing in there, but the atmosphere there is pretty cool, with nice music and a comfortable air-con.

But unfortunately, the rest of them does not quite agreed with me and decided to find another watering hole. The second pub I went to have mixed drinks, to which everyone except me likes. For me, I think I stick to beer - it is lots safer. The nuts there is pretty cool, and they have free prawn crackers as well.

Leon then see Wing home, while the rest of us hop into Cassandra's bf car for a free lift home. Thanks Cassandra - owe you one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did not mention the part where you got high after drinks..